Share of Cost, Allergic reactions to fire ant bites

Saturday, Oct. 29th 2016 6:15 AM

The blisters that develop after fire ant bites are allergic reactions, but some people develop more severe reactions. The areas immediately surrounding the bite may swell, burn, or itch.

Severe allergic reactions known as anaphylaxis are less common, but can be life-threatening. People with severe allergies to fire ant venom typically develop symptoms within a few minutes after being bitten.

The following symptoms need emergency medical help:

* Trouble with breathing
* Dizziness
* Swelling of the tongue or throat
* Confusion
* Loss of consciousness


If left untreated, these allergic reactions can cause the body to go into shock.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 5.0/5 (1 vote cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Share of Cost, Allergic reactions to fire ant bites, 5.0 out of 5 based on 1 rating
Posted on Saturday, Oct. 29th 2016 6:15 AM | by Share of Cost | in Share of Cost | No Comments »

Leave a Reply