Share of Cost, Share of Cost Issues

Wednesday, Sep. 19th 2018 12:44 PM

Question: What can I do if I have a problem with my share of cost?

Reply: You can complain if you think that you have a problem with your share of cost:

• You should be getting free Medi-Cal, or
• Your Share of Cost is too high, or
• The county is not allowing you to use one of your bills to meet your Share of Cost.

 To Complain

1. Tell your Medi-Cal worker what the problem is and ask the worker
to explain in writing why you have the Share of Cost or why the
bill cannot be used to meet your Share of Cost. Also ask what law
Medi-Cal based its decision on.

2. Ask for a fair hearing. A fair hearing gives you the chance to
question Medi-Cal’s decision about your bill. Call 1-800-952-5253
to get a fair hearing. Calls to this number are free.

3. You can also ask to speak to your county worker’s supervisor. If

your problem gets fixed, you can always cancel the fair hearing

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Posted on Wednesday, Sep. 19th 2018 12:44 PM | by Share of Cost | in Share of Cost | No Comments »

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.