Seniors, Oral and Dental Health Care.
With cost of living going up as well as cost of dental care it is very important to maintain proper dental care habits at home to help keep your dental care cost low and have healthy teeth and gums as you get older. Here are some basic dental health care tips
1) Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
2) Make sure to floss your teeth daily
3) Do not smoke or chew tobacco.
4) Ask your doctor if your medicines have side effects that might damage your teeth. If you have to take medicines that may have side effects on your dental health make sure to tell your dentist. You may have to see the dentist more often in order to maintain your dental health care needs.
5) Regularly look inside your mouth for sores that do not heal, irritated gums or any other oral changes.
6) See your dentist regularly for your dental check ups and cleanings
7) If you do start to have any dental problems with your teeth or if you have concerns about your mouth, see your dentist right away.
8) And remember that by maintaining dental insurance will help keep your dental care cost more affordable.