Share of Cost, Lost Medicare Cards Can Be Reordered Online Through Social Security

Monday, Aug. 3rd 2015 6:00 AM

Did you know that Medicare beneficiaries can now obtain a replacement Medicare card if they have lost, damaged, or simply need to replace it by using their my Social Security account online? This is the newest expansion on Social Security’s online services through its my Social Security portal.

This is a new convenience for beneficiaries, and any my Social Security account holder can make this online request. To do it, just log on to your account, and select the “Replacement Documents” tab, and then select “Mail my replacement Medicare card.” After requesting a card, it will arrive in the mail in approximately 30 days.

According to Social Security, more than 19 million people have currently created an online personal account. In addition to the new service, you can use your account to change your address, adjust your direct deposit, obtain a benefit verification letter, or request a replacement SSA-1099. If you are still in the workforce, you can verify your earnings, and obtain estimates of your future benefits.


VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0 (from 0 votes)
Posted on Monday, Aug. 3rd 2015 6:00 AM | by Share of Cost | in Social Security | No Comments »

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.