Share of Cost, Medicare Card, If You Are Looking to Enroll in a Medicare Plan
Tips If You Are Looking to Enroll in a Medicare Plan
* Be suspicious of anyone who contacts you about Medicare plans unless you gave them permission.
* There are no “early bird discounts” or “limited time offers.”
* Don’t let anyone rush you to enroll by claiming you need to “act now for the best deal.”
* Be skeptical of free gifts, free medical services, discount packages or any offer that sounds “too good to be true” – especially if you need to hand over your Medicare number in order to receive these items or deals. Decline politely but firmly.
* By law, any promotional items you’re offered to enroll in a plan must be worth no more than $15, and these items can’t be given on the condition that you enroll in a plan.
Call the California Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) at 1-855-613-7080 to report suspected fraud.