Share of Cost – More Questions for a New Dentist
Questions to Ask When Picking a Potential New Dentist Part Two
In a prior post we talked about questions to ask a dentist when choosing a new potential dental office. Here are some more questions you may wish to ask and keep in mind.
- How long does it take to get a dental appointment? You may want to say away from dental offices that are so far booked up that making a dental appointment for yourself becomes difficult
- Do they charge for missed or broken dental appointments. If so how much advance notice is required in order not to be charged.
- Does the dentist take continuing education courses and stay up to date with the latest techniques?
- Does the office offer any kind of payment plans? Many dental offices are starting to offer financing plans.
- Will the dentist office file the claims for you or will you have to do it yourself?
- Will the dentist accept your co pay or will you be required to pay the full amount up front and be reimbursed by your dental insurance company later?